This project is a joint venture that is doing a lot better than anticipated, so thought it would be fun to make a case study out of it. The idea for the project came from a friend, and I’m grateful he wants to build it with my help. Costs and earnings will be split 50/50.
About The Strategy
Just like with Project Pyxis, while I will not be revealing the site, the niche, or go into too much detail about the strategy (standard protocols in the SEO industry, to protect the asset), I will be giving monthly overviews of expenses (categorised), income, & and what we did that month.
How The Site Will Make Money
Monetisation will be through affiliate marketing (I promote products/services for a third party that pays me a commission per sale/signup/lead). The niche is already big and growing quite fast. The target will be national and the competition is pretty easy compared to Project Pyxis.
Like most services I promote, it’s a subscription-based service, as the affiliate programs tied to subscriptions offer either recurring commissions for the life-time of the client/sign-up, or a pretty high one-off commission per sign-up (depending on their average client retention rates).
How Much Can The Site Make Per Month
This is the tricky part, commissions are based on a % of the spend of the sign-up, meaning it’s very difficult to calculate potential earnings. That being said, while it’ll definitely be a slow start, as sign-ups pile up, things should start to snowball.
As for the question of how much the site can make… the ceiling is very very high, this niche has the biggest potential of all the projects I’ve worked on.
As per usual, because I have kids, other side-projects, like to game, etc. 90% of the work will be outsourced to other companies (overseas – India, US, Philippines, UK, Thailand, etc.). And any work we do should theoretically be split 50/50 between me and my project partner.
- Joint venture
- Potential earnings are bonkers
- We’ll be posting our expenses/income/progress monthly
- Monetisation through affiliate marketing
- a LOT of outsourcing as per usual
Get my project updates & SEO gems!
- New project updates go straight to your inbox the moment they go live
- Get the occasional SEO nugget (I consume a LOT of content)
- No lead magnet here, but I do have a forum thread that outlines an SEO strategy on how to rank in almost any industry with verrrry few resources, so that’s also waiting for you on the other side of this form 🙂