The first page was published on October 24th 2017.
Link Building started mid-December 2017.
Here’s what we’ve done so far.
Setup/Design (all based on extensive keyword research) <- this is pretty much the same process as Project Pyxis (I use a replicable system)
- Created the IA (Information Architecture)
- Built the core site
- Implemented URL structure, created pages, SEO optimised page titles, basic header implementation pre-content (H1s, H2s, etc)
- Created the design, menus, logo, etc.
- Added SSL as a trust element + to future-proof it
- Connected GA, Search Console, set the geo-target to Australia.
- Around 20 pages, 14 posts
- Manually went through the content (mainly pages), adding LSI / secondary / long-tail keywords, leaving the primary keywords for the headers.
- Still need to properly interlink all pages, using targeted partial match anchors to pass topical relevance throughout the site.
On-page SEO (as mentioned above, all basics are covered):
- IA based on keyword research
- Page titles
- url structure
- keyword optimised long-form content
Off-Page SEO so far:
- Dripfed a lot of social signals (g+, facebook, twitter) to justify the coming links
- HQ niche links – 3 partial match link
- High DA links from common blogs like medium.com. – 120 generic/url/branded links
- Guest posts – 35
Expenses from October 2017 to mid-February 2018
SEO – $10264.52
Content – $981
Total = $11245.52
Tracking 106 keywords at the moment (ahrefs export).